Friday, February 12, 2010

Walmart - this was embarassing!

I was excited to get Alpo for our sweet, old (12 1/2yrs) black lab.  She has recently broken two of her teeth, so she much prefers soft food.  We were completely out of canned food and there were coupons this past weekend for Alpo.  So needless to say I was excited to be getting it for 1/2 price (.34 can).  So off I go to Walmart, last trip of the day and by this time it was snowing quite nicely.

Here is what I got minus the one can that is still in the car:


So I got 12 cans of one flavor and 18 of another.  However, apparently the snow affects my counting abilities and I put 1 of each flavor on the counter and told the very nice cashier "I have 12 of this one and 15 of this one, and one shoelace (for DH)"
I handed her the 10 coupons for $1/3 and for some reason the last one beeped.  I recognized that there was a problem, and I knew that I had 30 cans in my cart and that 10 coupons would match.  I told her I had made a mistake but I didn't know what it was, and took my 1 coupon back and paid 12.50.  As I was leaving I finally realized that 12 + 15 = 27 not 30.  So I made my way back to the busy cashier and paid for the other 3 cans...no coupon cause I stuck it in my purse and wasn't going to spend time looking for it.  So that total was $2.15.

Time to go home and crawl under the bed!

Here's the result of my other shopping prior to the Walmart episode: Kroger (2.77), Publix (4.68), Ingles (17.10).
Grand Total: 39.20

Linked to:  Coupon Saving Game
Linked to I Heart Publix 

1 comment:

Frugal Friend said...

I hope when we have a dog, we save like this too!